Slitting lines for heavy gauge
We have developed particularly robust lines to process heavy gauge, up to 16 mm, which allow you to handle challenging materials, typically hot-rolled steels and even high-strength ones, and to withstand high shear stress
Depending on the type of line, we can offer:
- anti-coil break
- in-line coil brushing, with dust extraction systems.
- automatic blade changeover, with turnstile
- automatic blade locking
- scrap chopper
- system with movable tensioning carriage
- quick changeover of felt and sheet separating units
- robotic sheet separating units
- automatic sheet end cutting
- movable grippers to automatically bring the head of the strips in the recoiler clamp
- integrated strapping systems
The dimensions of the shear shafts, and consequently of the large cutting equipment, often require automatic and robotic systems to be used to prepare the blade pack on the turnstile. If requested, STAM can provide these systems to complete the supply of the line.